Description: Over 80% of electrical power generated in Nigeria are derived from thermal sources. Thus, gas supply companies form an integral part of the power sector value chain. From gas production, processing, transportation to delivery, gas companies ensure continued operations, efficiency and sustainability of the power sector value chain.
Objectives: This award category seeks to recognize gas producing companies that efficiently fulfil their domestic gas supply obligations to ensure continued availability of gas feedstock to the power sector.
- Nominees must demonstrate compliance with their domestic gas supply obligations
- Nominees must demonstrate sustainability and growth of the volume of gas delivered to the power sector
- Nominees must demonstrate efforts at improving gas production for the power sector and reducing gas constraints
- Nominees must demonstrate efforts at ensuring the security of gas pipelines
- Nominees must demonstrate business expansion efforts
- Nominees must demonstrate CSR initiatives and impact within their host communities
- Nominees must demonstrate additional investments in gas production and supply to the power sector leading to a ramp up of total gas supplied to the power sector